Every once in a while I have extreme cravings for Krispy Kreme doughnuts (don’t judge me! lol). The closest Krispy Kreme is about 15 miles away, and it’s definitely not worth driving that far for a doughnut. And then there is Dunkin Doughnuts, which is close by, but it’s just not the same! However, I found a super simple recipe on how to make homemade glazed doughnuts!
Here’s what you’ll need for the doughnut and the glaze:
1. Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits
2. Oil of choice (I used coconut oil)
3. Powdered sugar
4. Vanilla flavoring
Here’s how to make it:
1. Open the can of biscuits and cut a hole in the middle.
2. Fry the doughnut rings (and the holes too!) til golden brown.
3. For the glaze, mix the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla flavoring together. Here are the measurements, plus they give you other options for glaze flavors.
4. Serve and enjoy!
SIDE NOTE: I was kind of in a super lazy mood when I decided to make these, and not have powdered sugar and didn’t want to go back to the store to get it. So I made a simple syrup substitute as a glaze, and it actually worked out just as well. However, I would highly recommend using powdered sugar, to get whole sha-bang out of these glazed doughnuts. And don’t burn yours like I did (it was only 2 smh), I didn’t think they’d cook as fast as they did, so keep an eye on them.
Love or hate this recipe? Know any other simple ways to make glazed doughnuts? Let me know in the comments below!