So here’s another personal favorite recipe that is also customizable as well. I love gourmet style burgers so I wanted to create one of my own. This recipe is super simple and consists of 4 main ingredients, so let’s get started!
The catch to this burger recipe is that it taste even more amazing if cooked on a grill. I can’t grill what so ever (thank goodness for great boyfriends and their grill skills lol), but will learn once it gets warmer outside. However, these burgers still taste great if you cook them on the stove top or even if you have George Foreman Grill. Here’s what you’ll need:
1. 1lb of lean ground beef
2. 1 onion
3. 2 green bell peppers
4. salt, pepper, and any other seasoning you’d like 🙂
5. jiffy corn bread (weird, right?)
To make these burgers more customizable, you can add ingredients of your choice if you’re not into peppers and onions. I’ve seen people pack them with cheese, mushrooms, avocados, and a lot more! Here’s what you’ll need to do:
1. If you need to, defrost meat. Then begin chopping the green peppers into little squares, not too small though! about a half of an inch should be good.
2. Repeat the same step with the onion
3. Now take a large bowl and place the ground beef, chopped onions, and peppers in and mix around with your hand. Then add your choice of seasonings and mix them through everything well.
4. I’m sure you’re curious about this Jiffy CornBread Mix. Well when I first made this I needed a binding agent and I didn’t have eggs or flour, but strangely had one random box of cornbread mix. So we gave it a try and it worked out perfectly! So grab a handful of the ground beef with onion and pepper pieces, and sprinkle some of the cornbread mix on top. Roll it between your hands to create a ball form, and then smash it into a burger patty.
5. Once done with all the patties, time to cook them! Throw them on the barbie, George Foreman or a pan on the stove and cook.
6. Last add whatever toppings you’d like. We found some thick cut bacon on sale and added them on top.
Let me know how your burgers turned out in the comments below. Enjoy!
Hi there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after checking through some of the post I realized it’s new to me.
Anyhow, I’m definitely glad I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and checking back often!
Hi! Thank you, glad you’re enjoing it so far. I have been slammed at work over the past couple of weeks, but new content will be up soon! 🙂
you are really a good webmaster. The web site loading pace is incredible.
It kind of feels that you’re doing any distinctive trick.
Also, The contents are masterwork. you have done
a great activity on this topic!
Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading
it, you may be a great author.I will make sure to bookmark your blog and may come
back in the foreseeable future. I want to encourage continue your great
job, have a nice afternoon!
Thank you!!! That really means a lot! I’ve been going trough a little restructuring on the blog, so it will be a new look but mostly the same content. I hopefully will get everything done soon and back to posting. I’m glad you enjoyed it! 🙂
que vigilabebes comprar says
What’s up mates, how is all, and what you would like to say about this article, in my view its actually awesome designed for me.
kinderwagen bestenliste 2015 says
It’s hard to find well-informed people for this subject, but
you seem like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks
Thank you! I recently just found a new passion for cooking this year! lol But I learned this recipe long ago from a friend of my parents and have love to make my burgers this way. 🙂