This post is sponsored by Burt’s Bees but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Alright, we’re almost there guys! Just 6 weeks away from meeting our little man and I can’t wait! Now that we are getting down to the wire, it’s time to get my hospital bag packed and ready to go. You gotta have the essentials: diapers, delivery robe, some Burt’s Bees Lip Butters, comfy socks, and more! Keep ready to find out what else I have packed.
So, I wanted to make sure that I packed all the necessities. I know the hospital gives you a lot of the items, but for me to feel the most comfortable I’m bringing a lot of my own. Things like my delivery gown, postpartum underwear, socks, etc. I plan to bring my own!
But there are also other things I want to bring so I can feel and look my best before and after birth like lip balm, pillowcase, robe, and small makeup bag. Let’s break down everything I plan on bringing!
What’s in My Hospital Bag?
- Delivery gown – The most recommended item to bring by some of my mom friends. Plus, you’re always more comfortable in your own clothes.
- Maternity/Delivery Robe – Who says you can’t be stylish while giving birth?!
- Socks – Comfy socks for ultimate comfort!
- Pillowcase – I heard the hospital’s feel like sandpaper and will ruin your hair so I’m bringing a nice satin one. lol
- Nursing Nightgown – I’m thrilled to know Baby A will be with me most of our stay! So I definitely want to bring anything that is going to encourage comfortable nursing time.
- Nursing pillow – Probably won’t fit in the bag, but definitely a must bring!
- House Slippers – Furry slides? Yes, please!
- Burt’s Bees Lip Butters – Keeping lips moisturized is a must! These 100% natural and responsibly sourced lippies are creamy, lightweight, and leave your lips hydrated and moisturized all day!
- Small Makeup Bag – Definitely not doing a full face of makeup, but would like to look nice afterward for photos.
- Toiletries – Nothing like using your own body wash, lotion, etc.
- Diaper Bag + Extra Diapers – This, of course, isn’t going in my hospital bag, but I will be carrying it too.
- Breast Pump – Will need help with getting accustomed to using, will pack in the diaper bag.
- Receiving Swaddle + Hat – Baby A has to look stylish for photos in the hospital!
- Going Home Outfits for Baby + Me – Of course, Baby A and I have to leave in style too!
- Extra Bag – Everywhere I have been reading says to bring an extra bag because the hospital sends you home with a lot of items.
- Wallet – make sure I bring proper documentation and other items needed to fill out forms.
- Entertainment – Headphones, magazines, the parenting guide book your husband has yet to read, etc.
Sounds like I’m packing a lot! But I’m used to overpacking for everything. As hubby always says, “preparation is key!” Luckily, I am always prepared when it comes to chapped lips! I absolutely hate it, so I make sure to keep some Burt’s Bees Lip Butters everywhere! You can grab these from Ulta Beauty and keep them in your most needed spots! I keep mine in my car, bedside, and now will definitely have to keep in my diaper bag when on the go with baby.
Well, we’re almost at the finish line and I’m all packed and prepared, early for the first time! lol Cannot wait until my little one arrives! Any of these items you have packed or will pack in your hospital bag? Anything I’m missing? Let me know in the comments below!
FTC Discloser: This video contains some complimentary products sent in a PR package, some purchased items, and affiliate links. All opinions are honest and my own.