Did you run out of time or forget you needed to bring a dish to a Thanksgiving gathering you were invited to? No worries! I got you covered with a sweet and Southern dessert to take along with you! Check out my infamous Jiffy Cornbread cupcakes. Cornbread cupcakes? I know it sounds crazy, right? Well, you can’t knock it until you try it. And I know it’s kind of risky to bring a “new” and unique dish over for everyone to try, but it’s totally worth the try. I mean, who doesn’t like cornbread, or cupcakes?!
- 1 box of Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of milk
- Cream cheese icing
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Red and yellow food color
- muffin baking pan
- First, set your oven to 400 F and let it preheat while you prep.
- Mix the cornbread mix, 1 egg, and 1/3 cup of milk together in a large bowl until even.
- Fill each hole about 2/3 of the way and place in the oven for 13-15.
- While baking, prep the icing. Take a few scoops of cream cheese icing and add the red and yellow food coloring to create an orange mixture.
- Once the cornbread is done baking, let it cool for about 5 min.
- Take your icing and pour it in a large Ziploc bag. Cut the tip and apply the icing.
- Last, garnish with chocolate sprinkles
Well, I hope you like my recipe idea, I know it’s a little out there. But I definitely wouldn’t recommend it if it wasn’t actually good. My fiancé will vouch for me too! He loves them! So, what do you think about my cupcake creation? Let me know in the comments below!